Rishika Singh accuses director of leaking videos
4/30/2013 12:44:41 PM
Sandalwood actress Rishika Singh, who has been keeping a low profile of late, is in the news again. This time she has filed a police complaint against actor-director Basheed for uploading objectionable clips of her on the Net.
Rishika was supposed to act in a film titled Yaradre Nanagenu, and Basheed was supposed to direct it. When the film was launched, many women’s organisations objected to the film for showing Rishika semi-nude in the posters. Rishika also maintained that the images had been altered with computer graphics and that she had not posed skimpily clad. The makers went ahead and launched the film, but it was then shelved for various reasons.
Meanwhile, director Basheed has allegedly leaked the old video on the net to gain publicity for his new film Benki Birugali which was released last week. Rishika plays a prominent role in the film. Though Basheed denied that had any involvement in uploading the visuals, a sting operation by Suvarna news channel has shown Basheed to be the one responsible, by his own admission. Following this, Rishika and her brother Aditya have filed a complaint against Basheed.
More news in this section
- After Jolly Baru, Krishna signs Charlie
- Raghavendra Rajkumar out of danger
- Sudeep watches 'Jatta' in Hyderabad
- Chiru and Vyshali Deepak pair up for 'Ayya 2'
- Bhanu’s second outing in Sandalwood
- Pavan Wodeyar launches Parul Yadav's website
- Umesh Banakar turns hero with 'Majestic Express'
- Priyanka's cousin Barbie Chopra makes her Sandalwood ...