Uma Shivakumar passes away
6/26/2013 1:53:37 PM
Just a day after veteran dialogue writer Kunigal Nagabhushan died, the industry is shocked with the death news of senior actress Uma Shivakumar who breathed her last on Tuesday morning. The actress who was 70 years was battling Asthama for a long time.
Uma Shivakumar who hails from the stage was a well known artiste with the Nataranga troupe. She made her debut as an actress through ‘Vamsavruksha’ and the actress continued acting in 'Chandanada Gombe', ‘Shravana Banthu’, 'Baddi Bangaramma', ‘Maduve Maadu Thamashe Nodu’ 'Sathi Sakkubai', 'Makkaliralavva Mane Thumba', 'Bhagyada Lakshmi Baramma' and others.
Uma was known for her portrayal of negative characters and was often casted in such roles. She also got the best supporting actress award for her role in 'Chandanada Gombe'.
More news in this section
- After Jolly Baru, Krishna signs Charlie
- Raghavendra Rajkumar out of danger
- Sudeep watches 'Jatta' in Hyderabad
- Chiru and Vyshali Deepak pair up for 'Ayya 2'
- Bhanu’s second outing in Sandalwood
- Pavan Wodeyar launches Parul Yadav's website
- Umesh Banakar turns hero with 'Majestic Express'
- Priyanka's cousin Barbie Chopra makes her Sandalwood ...