Basavanna is Brahmana now
7/22/2013 2:24:06 PM
Looks like director Srinivasaraju is in the mood for controversy. After inviting a lot of criticism for the title Basavanna for his Upendra-starrer, the director has changed the title and renamed it Brahmhana.
Srinivasaraju had recently released the first look of his forthcoming film which had Upendra wielding a sword. Basavanna is the name of the well known 12th century social reformer and many of the devotees particularly the Lingayat community in Karnataka had strongly objected to naming the film after him. The issue was even discussed in the Assembly and former Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa had urged that the title be changed.
After a lot of criticism, Srinivasaraju has renamed the film Brahmana. Now the Bramhin community has criticised Srinivasaraju for his action and has urged that the title should be changed. We’ll have to wait and watch if the filmmaker obliges.
More news in this section
- After Jolly Baru, Krishna signs Charlie
- Raghavendra Rajkumar out of danger
- Sudeep watches 'Jatta' in Hyderabad
- Chiru and Vyshali Deepak pair up for 'Ayya 2'
- Bhanu’s second outing in Sandalwood
- Pavan Wodeyar launches Parul Yadav's website
- Umesh Banakar turns hero with 'Majestic Express'
- Priyanka's cousin Barbie Chopra makes her Sandalwood ...