'Malgudi Days' fame T N Narasimhan no more
7/29/2013 3:05:13 PM
T N Narasimhan producer of much acclaimed serial 'Malgudi Days' has passed away on Friday late night and was cremated on Saturday morning at the Wilson Garden Crematorium in Bangalore.
Narasimhan came to the film industry in the 70s by producing 'Kesarina Kamala' starring Shrungar Nagaraj. The film was a moderate hit and TNN produced films like 'Hombisilu', 'Bangarada Jinke' and 'Banker Margayya'. Though Narasimhan was well known in the Kannada film industry by then, it was 'Malgudi Days' directed by Shankar Nag which catapulted him to huge success.
'Malgudi Days' not only was shot in Karnataka but had plenty of Karnataka's artistes and technicians working for it. The serial which was based on the short stories by R K Narayan was telecasted in the Doordarshan and retelecasted in other channels also.
More news in this section
- After Jolly Baru, Krishna signs Charlie
- Raghavendra Rajkumar out of danger
- Sudeep watches 'Jatta' in Hyderabad
- Chiru and Vyshali Deepak pair up for 'Ayya 2'
- Bhanu’s second outing in Sandalwood
- Pavan Wodeyar launches Parul Yadav's website
- Umesh Banakar turns hero with 'Majestic Express'
- Priyanka's cousin Barbie Chopra makes her Sandalwood ...