Girish Karnad injured during shooting
7/31/2013 1:16:32 PM
Veteran actor-director and Gnanpeeth Award winner Dr Girish Karnad fractured his left hand while shooting for a film and has been admitted to St Johns Hospital in Bangalore.
Girish Karnad was shooting for Pora in Nelamangala when the accident happened. Karnad, who is playing the role of a Home Minister in the film, was supposed to walk down the steps of a house. The scene was picturised in the rain, and as the steps were slippery, Girish Karnad slipped on the steps and fell. His left hand was injured severely.
He was immediately rushed to a local hospital and the doctors suggested that the film team rush him to Bangalore. His arm is fractured and he has been advised rest for a few days.
More news in this section
- After Jolly Baru, Krishna signs Charlie
- Raghavendra Rajkumar out of danger
- Sudeep watches 'Jatta' in Hyderabad
- Chiru and Vyshali Deepak pair up for 'Ayya 2'
- Bhanu’s second outing in Sandalwood
- Pavan Wodeyar launches Parul Yadav's website
- Umesh Banakar turns hero with 'Majestic Express'
- Priyanka's cousin Barbie Chopra makes her Sandalwood ...