Ramya files nomination from Mandya
8/5/2013 8:18:18 AM
Actress Ramya who had earlier said she is keen to contest in the next year's Loksabha elections has surprised everyone by filing nomination to contest from the Mandya constituency in the upcoming Lokasabha bye-elections.
The bye-elections for Mandya constituency is held the wake of former Member of Parliamnet Cheluvarayaswamy resigning from his post after winning the Nagamangala Assembly constituency election. The tenure of the new Member of Parliament will be only up to May 2014, after which the elections will be held.
Ramya's name came in the last minute and the name was officially announced on Saturday. With Saturday being the last day for filing nominations, Ramya along with Housing Minister Ambarish and others filed her nomination to contest from Mandya.
More news in this section
- After Jolly Baru, Krishna signs Charlie
- Raghavendra Rajkumar out of danger
- Sudeep watches 'Jatta' in Hyderabad
- Chiru and Vyshali Deepak pair up for 'Ayya 2'
- Bhanu’s second outing in Sandalwood
- Pavan Wodeyar launches Parul Yadav's website
- Umesh Banakar turns hero with 'Majestic Express'
- Priyanka's cousin Barbie Chopra makes her Sandalwood ...