Rajini to inaugurate IFFI?
10/9/2013 11:24:37 AM
Organisers of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), the annual event being held in Goa, have invited Superstar Rajinikanth to inaugurate the festival.
“We have sent him an invite and are awaiting confirmation. It would be an honour to have him here," Vishnu Wagh, vice-chairperson of the Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG) was quoted as saying.
The International Film Festival of India, founded in 1952, is one of the most significant film festivals in Asia.
Held annually in the beach state of Goa, on the western coast of the country, the festival aims at providing a common platform for the cinemas of the world to project the excellence of the film art; contributing to the understanding and appreciation of film cultures of different nations in the context of their social and cultural ethos; and promoting friendship and cooperation among people of the world.
The 43rd edition of IFFI was held in Panaji, Goa, from 20 November to 30 November 2012, and was inaugurated by Akshay Kumar.
More news in this section
- Why Jyothika’s comeback film 36 Vayathinile is causin...
- Hansika keeps busy, while rumours fly about break-up ...
- Priya Anand plays village girl
- What did Shankar tell Vishal?
- Shruthi Haasan in shock after being stalked
- Dhanush super excited to work with Big B
- What made Nayan agree to act with Simbu again?
- Bharathiraja to direct Vimal