Find us online

Nazriya buries the hatchet with Sargunam

10/10/2013 1:01:30 PM

Nazriya Nazim on Wednesday night announced that she has decided to withdraw her complaint against filmmaker Sargunam, over some 'rauncy scenes' in their upcoming film Nayyyandi.

Talking to mediapersons, the actress said that she had watched the edited version of the movie and was happy about the final product.

"I will withdraw the complaint. The film is a complete family entertainer and has shaped up very well," she said.

Earlier on Tuesday, the war of words between Nazriya Nazim and Sargunam over a particular scene Naiyyandi took a new turn, when the actress went to the Police Commissioner's office in Chennai and filed a complaint against the director.

Speaking to reporters, Nazriya said, "I was cheated. I am deeply hurt, upset and worried. Something has happened without my knowledge and I was not even informed about it. Acting is my profession, and I have certain values."

The actress alleged that the filmmaker threatened her and even brought up her religion. "He deliberately duped me by using a body double for a raunchy scene in Naiyyandi," said the actress who is two films old in Kollywood.

On the same day, a statement from Sargunam said, "While editing the song, we felt that the inclusion of an intimate close-up scene would increase the impact of the song and I requested Nazriya, who was in Kerala at that time, to come down and shoot this particular scene. She said she couldn't come all the way from Kerala and asked me to shoot using a body double."

Related:
Nazriya, Sargunam spat gets ugly
Sargunam denies Nazriya's charge
Nazriya's complaint against Nayyandi makers

More news in this section