Thanga Meengal is Goa bound
10/16/2013 10:54:04 AM
Director Ram is a happy man. His recent film, Thanga Meengal, which spoke about a father-daughter relationship apart from the ill-effects of globalisation, has been selected for the International Film Festival of India to be held in Goa.
The film will be screened at the Indian panorama section of IFFI and it is the only Tamil movie among 25 films selected for screening at the festival. This has obviously put Ram on cloud nine.
In a statement, he has thanked the media, friends and his well-wishers for encouraging and motivating him since his first film, Katradhu Tamizh.
"It gives me great pleasure to know that Thanga Meengal is the only Tamil film to be selected for IFFI," says Ram, who is currently busy directing Taramani.
More news in this section
- Why Jyothika’s comeback film 36 Vayathinile is causin...
- Hansika keeps busy, while rumours fly about break-up ...
- Priya Anand plays village girl
- What did Shankar tell Vishal?
- Shruthi Haasan in shock after being stalked
- Dhanush super excited to work with Big B
- What made Nayan agree to act with Simbu again?
- Bharathiraja to direct Vimal