Vishal, Udhayanidhi, Angusam
10/23/2013 10:32:35 AM
Vishal is said to be upset that his proposed Deepavali release Pandiya Naadu has been cleared by the Censor officials with an U/A certificate.
A film with U/A certificate from the Censors becomes unfit to get tax exemption from the Tamil Nadu government, it is to be noted.
According to sources, Vishal, who is also the producer of Pandiya Naadu, has decided to go to the revising committee to reverse the certificate.
Meanwhile, the Tamil Nadu government has given tax exemption to a film titled Angusam, days after its director Mhanukannan alleged that the personal assistant of a State Minister demanded Rs five lakh bribe to provide tax exemption.
In the meantime, producer-actor Udhayanidhi Stalin, grandson of DMK president and former Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, has come out with a long letter to the Producers Association, leveling charges that rules are being flouted while granting tax exemption to films.
More news in this section
- Why Jyothika’s comeback film 36 Vayathinile is causin...
- Hansika keeps busy, while rumours fly about break-up ...
- Priya Anand plays village girl
- What did Shankar tell Vishal?
- Shruthi Haasan in shock after being stalked
- Dhanush super excited to work with Big B
- What made Nayan agree to act with Simbu again?
- Bharathiraja to direct Vimal